Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Hide-N-Seek Pizza Balls

Yep. That's what #1 wanted to call 'em. He ate them, so I let him go ahead and name them. He wants them for dinner next week too. Thank you pinterest for the yummy recipe.

Don't you hate it when the pinterest link is wrong! Thankfully her name was still on the photo and after a quick google search, I found the original recipe. You can check them out here: Easy Pepperoni Rolls . 

Here's my version.


And here is how I changed up the recipe.  I used shredded mozzarella (only cheese in the house) and opted not to sprinkle spices on top. My kiddos don't care for little green things on their food--can you say picky?. I also did not brush the tops with egg. Boring, huh? But they all got eaten up quick--except the two that I snuck in the fridge for lunch the following day! ;)  They were just as yummy cold...perfect summertime recipe or for school lunches


Next time I'm going to try canadian bacon and cheese. Maybe I'll throw caution to the wind and tuck some pineapple in too! Mmm... Someone commented on the original blog that they tried it with BBQ chicken, which must be tried soon too!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment