Monday, June 4, 2012

Fruit Salad Fluff

My kiddos will eat fruit... veggies, we are working on!  Here is one of our favorites that is perfect for summer. Did I mention it was super easy! I keep whipped topping in my freezer so I can whip this up any time.


Fruit Salad Fluff

1 can Fruit Cocktail
1 Apple
1 cup Grapes
1 cup Mini Marshmallows 
1/2 tub Whipped Topping
1/2 package of gelatin

Drain fruit cocktail well. Core and chop an apple, I prefer a tart variety like Gala or Granny Smith. Halve the grapes.  Add marshmallows. Sprinkle 1/2 of a package of gelain over fruit. Gently fold in whipped topping.  You are suppose to refridgerate it for at least an hour before eating, but I never plan ahead that far! It does set up a tiny bit once refridgerated, but the flavor doesn't change-- it's mmmm...

This is one of those salads that you can add whatever fruit you want. Sometimes I throw in mandarin oranges and use orange gelatin.  Or fresh cherry halves. If you are a nut like nuts, toss some of those in too. I just toss whatever fruit is in my fridge or pantry and, you know me, I rarely measure anything.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. That looks really good... my kids are the same way, fruit is no problem, but broccoli on the plate? That's another story. :)

    I'll have to try this recipe, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Perfect summer food. Please come share on my linky party.
    http://www.igottatrythat.com/p/blog-hop-linky-colde.html
    While your there enter to win the $25 Olive Garden gift card. Hope to see you!
    Thanks
    Marcie @ www.IGottaTryThat.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I linked up to your party--thanks!

      Delete