Sunday, July 1, 2012

Cake Mix Pudding Cookies

One of my favorite blogs (The Mother Huddle) posted this recipe for Cake Mix Pudding Cookies. They looked delicious and super easy-- just my style.
Destri used a white cake mix and vanilla pudding. I tried a different combo... with excellent results!



Here's my recipe:

1 Butter Pecan cake mix
1 box vanilla pudding
1 stick margarine
2 large eggs
butterscotch chips (I didn't measure, probably 1 cup or so)

I used my tiny cookie scoop (because you can't just eat one cookie and this way I can!).


After 7 minutes my cookies were still a bit raw, so I left them in for about 9-10 minutes. I removed them immediately to a cooking rack and then once cooled I put them in a tupperware so they'd stay moist.  Perhaps 7 minutes would have been long enough if I left them on the hot cookie sheet when removed from the oven to continue baking, but when you need the occupied cookie sheet for the next batch and you don't want to be baking ALL night long, I cook 'em longer and remove 'em quicker so I can get the next batch in.


These are the cake mixes I have in my pantry: red velvet, double fudge, carrot, and pink lemonade. What shall I try next? 

Thanks, Destri, for the great recipe!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Thanks, for the shout out! You have such great ideas I just got stuck on your blog when I should be doing the dishes. Have you tried Destri's Chocolate chip cookie recipe that has pudding in it. SO Delish! Have a nice day.

    Maria
    www.themootherhuddle.com

    ReplyDelete